Wednesday, October 12, 2016

The only movie I watched twice

Between the stars

My hunt for a good flat lasted for 5 days and I was pretty tired of searching for one with the broker. I'd go with the broker daily after the office, roam around in search of one and end up disappointed.

I asked the broker whether he has watched Wake Up Sid. He nodded. I said Konkona Sen Sharma gets a flat easily there in the movie. He responded, "Wo movie hai sir. Aur waise bhi uska flat kitna ganda tha. Wo to baad me usne saaf kia Ranbir Kapoor k saath." I was looking at him with my mouth ajar.

Finally I decided to settle down for one flat in some pretty old building of Kalina because the flat was pretty from the inside and had goo connectivity of public transport. But as I had settled and two days had passed, the owner asked me to vacate it as he was unsatisfied about my mode of payment. He said he wants cash due to some Income Tax shit. I was left homeless because I had vacated the guest house. I yelled at broker, frustrated, with teary eyes. Even the broker got melted by my helplessness. Yeah, it’s a big deal. Brokers are meant to break people and make a big hole in the pocket of the tenant. He drove me to a nearby flat which I nodded to get settled in right away which turned out to be bigger and better one sans the 4G connectivity of Airtel.

Watching a new movie in the theatre is a good feeling.
Watching a new movie in the theatre, first-day-first-show, is a great feeling.

An example of Ganesh Chaturthi celebration on every road of Mumbai
But watching Interstellar with the bunch of your best friends is the best feeling in the world. This movie had a huge impact on me. It had touched me to the core of my heart.

I was browsing on BookMyShow and was surprised to see that Interstellar and Gravity are re-released in PVR IMAX. I was like what the fucking wow! And to add to that, the ticket was priced at meager Rs. 100. I instantly booked my show on the morning of Ganesh Chaturthi. Three-fourth of the Mumbai was busy celebrating Ganesh Chaturthi and going to visit Lord Ganesha in Lower Parel East (Lalbagh). I went to watch Interstellar in Lower Parel West. Some said I am a fool for not taking the “right” turn. I said I’d feel fool if I miss Interstellar for standing in the queue with waiting time of 9 hours to see the idol of Lord Ganesha.

Souvenir
There was this queue outside Reliance Digital in the mall, as can be seen in this photo. Nah, there wasn't any Ganesha idol inside. They were standing outside waiting in the queue to get Reliance Jio 4G SIM. Yeah, at 10am in the morning.

Interstellar is the only movie which I have watched twice in theatre. I’ve felt this affection and schmaltz previously for a few movies like, The Avengers , Rockstar, X-men First Class, etc. with a desire to watch them again in theatre. But Interstellar was special, maybe because of the company with who I had watched it for the first time.  

And man, man, man, it felt so good. I laughed; I cried and ended up with a desire to watch it over and over again. The nostalgia linked with the movie was the prime factor in adding to the awesomeness of my second visit to Interstellar. Secondary was the music of Hans Zimmer. And tertiary was the movie itself.

The only thing missing this time was the company I had watched it for the first time. But anyways, it was meant to be that way.


No comments: