Saturday, October 8, 2016

Rain, rain, go away

29th August 2016


My first day for the new office. The reporting time is 10am. I thought, I’ll leave at 8:45 and will reach by 9:45 via a cab. The distance from this 2 star temporary arrangement hotel was about 8 kms. I felt I’ll be early. But I was greeted by heavy sudden gush of rain before I could board the cab. The rain said, “welcome to Mumbai, motherfucker. You hated me, eh. Now I’ll keep greeting you every single fucking day of your stay in Mumbai and will keep making your life a living hell, make your CHS a swimming pool, make you wear floaters for office, make you learn how to hold an umbrella, make you cancel your plans to go out, make the roads more traffucked and make you hate Mumbai.”

But no, I was more determined than the rain not to hate Mumbai because this is where I wanted to be, this is what I wanted when I opted for getting transferred to Brihanmumbai on 24th August 2016.


I reached office exactly at 10am and from then on, decided to take more cushion time before leaving for the office.

The location of the new office was brilliant. It was hard to believe that the corporate centre will be located at such a stunning location and will have a bus-stop named solely on the name of the organization (see photo). I mean yeah, you come from a place where Branches in the villages don't even have proper basic facilities like water for drinking, no proper ventilation, no toilets, no electricity (only solar power) and not even proper roads to reach the Branch. Here I realised that there is more to this organization and got to feel the other side of the work and the organization.


No comments: